Resume(download pdf version)
- Created original designs for bath, beach, and kitchen towels. Artworks included allover prints, placement prints, embroideries and appliques.
- Created original textile print designs for women’s apparel market.
- Supported home team on a variety of projects, everything from tech packs, colorways, concept research, and creating original print designs and product designs.
- Worked on a variety of product, printed, embroidered, and solid; including bedding, decorative pillows and throws, bath, window, and hanging wall art.
- Given responsibility over the rug category. Worked on concept research, artwork creation, tech packing and troubleshooting product development. Worked closely with senior designer and buyer to constantly evolve and elevate rug product and assortment across lifestyles. Created artworks for a variety of rug techniques including printed (both screenprint and digital artwork), woven (cotton flatweave and rag rug), and tufted (wool shag and applied tufting on woven bases).
- Designed original artwork and prints for women’s and missy sleepwear for the private label division.
- Main responsibility was trend direction and designing prints for St. Eve line. Responsible for everything from concept, artwork creation, colorways, and tech packing.
- Managed and designed prints for basic tees/tanks, panties/bras, leggings, and swim. These print heavy programs required working closely with buying and design to create and present a balanced assortment of prints across all lifestyles and brands.
- Designed many best selling prints for the basics program.
- Responsible each season for creating original artwork, placed prints, embellishments, and colorways for main collection, used across lifestyles and for a variety of apparel categories.
- Closely worked with sweater design team to create original fair-isle, jacquard, and intarsia artworks.
- Experience managing and mentoring junior members of the print team.
- Designed and created sweaters for hand knitting patterns. Responsible for everything from concept, design, translation to written pattern in multiple sizes, and sample creation. Thorough knowledge of different stitch techniques, garment construction, and grading patterns for multiple sizes.
- Responsibilities included: creating designs and prints for the collection geared towards high-end women's apparel market; assisting with sales meetings; assisting the founders of the company.
- Designs created for their collection have sold to: Adam Lippes, Trina Turk, and others.
- Designed prints, illustrations and repeats sold to the women's and children's apparel market.
- Responsibilities included: assisting the VP of design, drawing/editing and recoloring prints, setting up prints to send to factories.
- Responsibilities included: assisting the head of print design, drawing/editing prints in Illustrator, doing trend research, putting together season concept and presentation boards.
- Designed print that was selected for production as a Japan exclusive print for Summer 2008.
- Technically proficient in designing print repeats as well as embellishments, placed prints, and embroideries using Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Knowledge of utilizing NedGraphics Color Reduction to digitally color separate artworks.
- Technical knowledge of setting up print and embellishment artwork files to send to overseas vendors.
- Experience in designing for a wide range of fabrications and apparel categories; easily able to adapt prints and design for specific needs of a garment.
- Experience working in home textile design, working on a variety of products and fabrications. Knowledge of rug techniques, both printed and woven.
- Experience in troubleshooting print artworks to make sure they are executable and cost effective, especially on knit fabrications. Knowledge of different printing techniques and how they affect hand feel and appearance of final product.
- Thorough understanding of how to translate artworks into executable sweater intarsias and fair-isle patterns.
- Fabric dyeing: shibori resist techniques, batik, and hand painting.
- Screen printing repeat yardage and block printing on fabric.
- Hand-drawing, gouache and watercolor painting on paper.
- Illustrating fashion flats using Adobe Illustrator and using Photoshop to fill with prints and color.
- Mac and PC proficient, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Indesign, NedGraphics: Color Reduction, Pointcarre, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel.
Deborah Connolly Designs, New York, NY
Freelance Textile Designer
Running Stitch, New York, NY
Freelance Print Designer
Urban Outfitters, Philadelphia, PA
August 2015-March 2017
Freelance Textile Designer - Home
Carole Hochman Design Group, New York, NY
August 2014-August 2015
Urban Outfitters, Philadelphia PA
March 2010-May 2014
Associate Designer: Prints
Plymouth Yarn Company
Eye Dazzler Textile Design Studio, Brooklyn, NY
September 2009-January 2010
Juna Studio, New York, NY
June 2009-January 2010
G-III/Jessica Howard, New York, NY
LeSportsac, New York, NY
- Print Design Skills
Moore College of Art and Design
BFA Summa Cum Laude
Cumulative GPA: 3.86
Textile Design Major; 3D Fine Arts Minor
Kawashima Textile School
Study Abroad Program; Workshops in traditional Japanese textile techniques